In regards to SEO, ranking is a critical function. Good rankings on search engines mean better visibility which means more conversions and growth for your business. It is therefore important as a critical business person to track your rankings. When you’re aware of one’s rankings, it becomes easy to make necessary changes and improvements to take rankings higher or maintain them where they are.
A rank checking tool can prove very useful in keeping you current along with your rankings on result pages. But with so many tools available these days, how do you know what type is most beneficial for you? Here are a couple of aspects you should use to select a rank checker that will be useful to your business.
1. Report accuracy – Inaccurate rankings may do plenty of damage to you because they cannot inform you the real situation on the ground. The final thing you need is to think you are doing great with rankings when you are actually not doing well and vice versa. Because manually checking rankings isn’t an excellent idea, it is most beneficial that you decide on a checking tool that you can fully rely on as far as accuracy goes. If possible learn the features of one’s rank checker and reputation, keyword checker for website so you are sure to always get accurate reports.
2. Speedy refreshes – A great rank checker should manage to pull your data quickly and if you need to check. You don’t want to hold back all day before your data could be refreshed for you to get the existing status. Refreshes that are almost instant are better in helping you make important decisions as far as your SEO strategy is concerned. Discover how fast your rank checking tool is before committing.
3. Cloud functionality – A cloud based checker is more reliable because it means you can check your reports from any given place and time. It also afford them the ability for you to access and compare historical data minus the data getting skewed especially over long periods of time. Check to observe that you won’t have any limitations along with your reports when choosing a rank checker.
4. Reliable reporting – Whereas having a rank checking tool means you’ve to check on back with it, getting reports occasionally maybe by email can prove very important. For instance, a rank tracker that sends weekly reports makes an excellent reminder for you to keep up with your rankings for timely decisions where need be.
5. Competition monitoring – It is something which can be tricky to do and hard to find and yet it is very important. By knowing what your competitors are doing, where they’re in the rankings and what they’re not doing can put you in an exceedingly good position to improve your rankings. If you can find a tool that helps you monitor selected competitors, then you definitely is going to be in a better position to make improvements.