When you yourself have a fireplace, then it’s advisable to invest in glass fireplace doors. Why? Listed below are a few of the top reasons why you ought to purchase glass fireplace doors:
· They can be quite attractive and striking additions to your current fireplace/home décor.
· They increase energy efficiency in your home. How so? Good glass fireplace doors act as a barrier between your house and your chimney. Without glass fireplace doors, heat is lost up the chimney – basically, in winter, you are paying money to heat your chimney. During summer time months, you pay to cool it!
Other things that you need to know about glass fireplace doors:
· If you are using glass fireplace doors to enclose a wood burning fire and you leave them closed whilst the fire is burning, you will need to wash ash out from the glass fire doors vent after every few times of use. The vent is important – it allows your fire to burn just outside air so that all of the heated air from the within of your house can’t escape up throughout your chimney.
· Use only glass fireplace doors that could withstand high heat. Other doors can crack when put under the pressure of high heat. Ceramic glass is more powerful than tempered glass in this sense.
· Ceramic glass fireplace doors allow radiant heat to pass all the way through and are highly heat resistant. Of course, for these benefits, you will have to pay a lot more than you would for tempered glass.
· Tempered glass fireplace doors block much heat from engaging in the room. Of course, tempered glass fireplace doors can still improve the efficiency of your fireplace by reducing the surplus airflow that plague open fireplaces. When you yourself have an option, though, choose ceramic glass fireplace doors.
· Ensure that your glass fireplace doors are properly fitted to your fireplace – you would like them to be tight and well-sealed.
· Of course, the higher sealed your doors are, the dirty they will get. You might have to spend additional time cleaning the soot away from well sealed glass fireplace doors – you do not desire to ruin your view of the fire.
· One method to keep carefully the glass of your glass fireplace doors clean is to install a glass airwash system.
· Although glass fireplace doors are effective at keeping children and pets out from the fire and the fire out of your family room, realize that they’ll still pose a hazard – children can still get burned, simply by touching the glass or metal. Make sure that your kids are well-versed in fireplace safety. Also, until your kids are old enough, you might elect to only run your fireplace when they’re not home or have already been put to bed.